Sunday 1 December 2013

The blueberry harvest.

This is the first year I have had more than a handful of blueberries from my two little low bushes 'Sunshine Blue' and they still look like I shall get another two punnets or so from them as the weather gets hotter. They are just under a foot high now and I intend to try and strike a whole hedge of them as they are very expensive to purchase in my area at $17ish a pot. They are growing around the outer area of a mature  Really amazing taste fresh from the bush, a bit sharper, clearer and not gritty. Rather than whizzing them up in a smoothie I made this Blueberry and lemon cake. 
Blueberry madeira cake

The recipe is over on my home crafty blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to be kind, it's a nicer way to live and grow in the garden.